Tuesday, April 26, 2016

04/26/2016: Storytime Pup - Lights and Shadows

     So, with all the technical issues fixed, or so I thought, I set out to make a short 1 minute "teaser" video.  The video would have Storytime Pup introducing the new show and show a tiny snippet of each segment type.
      I got everything set-up and determined what I wanted to shoot and wrote a short little script.  I recorded the audio and then shot each of the small segment pieces and then edited everything together in Sony Vegas Pro.
     Well, I wasn't happy with how things looked.  With all the different lighting I was getting areas on Storytime Pup that were too bright and I was seeing too many shadows in front of this body. Either from the book, or from his arms etc. It just didn't look natural.   I wasn't happy, so I had to go back and re-aim the lights.  I re-aimed lights and shot  and watched new video, and then re-aimed lights and shot and watched new video...  I did this for a few hours until I was happy with how things looked.  There are still some shadows, but that is unavoidable, but it doesn't look unnatural like before.
     So, I was happy that I had cleared up yet another technical problem.  But wait?  Did I now introduce an old problem again?

We encourage you to subscribe (on the right) and to leave your comments and feedback below. 
And don't forget to subscribe to The Storytime Pup Channel

 Storytime Pup Channel

Thank you!

(Next - Still Being Haunted By Ghosts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment