Saturday, April 2, 2016

04/02/2016: Storytime Pup - How it All Started (Part VIII). Building an Author Base.

     We knew there was interest from the sample of authors that I polled from Amazon.  It was now time to get a list of self-published authors who would be willing to give us permission to read their books and show the illustrations on our channel.  We had to get signed permission forms to avoid any copyright issues.  So, I spend the next couple of weeks reviewing books in the 3-7 year old category, which is our target audience.   If I found a good book with good illustrations I did my best to find contact information for the authors.  I did this day after day during my free time.  Eventually I had 20 authors and about 35 books.  I had enough to get started.  But, the plan was to read 2 to 3 books a week, so I knew I had to expand our list of authors.  I began posting on Facebook and Twitter, looking for self-published children's book authors.  That worked well and soon word started to spread and authors started contacting us. So, we had a good start for our author list.  However, we still had to read and rate all the books.  We wanted to ensure all books that we present are good stories with very good illustrations. Not all books would make the cut.  Currently we have about 70 interested authors and well over 100 books to review.  So, we should have enough content to get us through the first year at this rate.  And we are hoping as the channel grows that authors will take notice and continue to approach us.

We encourage you to subscribe (on the right) and to leave your comments and feedback below. 
And don't forget to subscribe to The Storytime Pup Channel

 Storytime Pup Channel

Thank you!

(Next - Part IX - Videos For Magic Window)

No comments:

Post a Comment