Friday, April 15, 2016

04/15/2016: Storytime Pup - Crystal Clear Sound

     I have already discussed how and why I chose the Blue Yeti microphone.  It was a compromise between quality and price.  The Nikon video camera has a pretty decent microphone, but still not the quality I was looking for.  Also, I will not be recording the audio and video at the same time.  Why?  Well, if I tried to read the children's books with a big puppy dog head on, it would sure come out pretty muffled :-)  So, I will be recording the audio first, using the blue yeti in a fairly sound proof area I have set-up.  I also learned how to eliminate the background noise footprint using the Audacity recording software.
     Once I have the audio recorded for a book, I will get the video shot ready and I will play the audio as I "act out" the video portion.  The Storytime Pup costume does not have a moving mouth.  So, it will be mostly head, hand and body gestures to match the story.  Then I import the audio and video together into Sony Vegas and sync the pieces together.   Then drop in some light music in the background to round it out.  I will be doing the first iteration of this process this week.  Fingers crossed :-)

We encourage you to subscribe (on the right) and to leave your comments and feedback below. 
And don't forget to subscribe to The Storytime Pup Channel

 Storytime Pup Channel

Thank you!

(Next - The look & Feel of the Storytime Pup Channel)

No comments:

Post a Comment