I tested about a dozen different voice synthesizers until I found one which gave a suitable voice, without sounding robotic. I ended up choosing Voxal. I ran some final tests by recording some children's books in Audacity, while running Voxal in the background. Then I imported these audios into Sony Vegas and overlaid them against some video. The look and sound was good and I was pleased. So, this was the final technical piece of the puzzle. We had what we needed to shoot video.
We encourage you to subscribe (on the right) and to leave your comments and feedback below.
And don't forget to subscribe to The Storytime Pup Channel
(Next - Part VIII. Building an Author Base)