Friday, April 1, 2016

04/01/2016: Storytime Pup - How it All Started (Part VII) Silly Voices.

     The next dilemma was a voice for Storytime Pup.  My adult male voice just wouldn't fit the bill.  And my wife's voice wasn't right either.  So, I set out to find a voice synthesizer program.  I planned to alter the pitch and run it through an equalizer until I found a suitable voice.
     I tested about a dozen different voice synthesizers until I found one which gave a suitable voice, without sounding robotic.  I ended up choosing Voxal.  I ran some final tests by recording some children's books in Audacity, while running Voxal in the background.  Then I imported these audios into Sony Vegas and overlaid them against some video.  The look and sound was good and I was pleased.  So, this was the final technical piece of the puzzle.  We had what we needed to shoot video.

We encourage you to subscribe (on the right) and to leave your comments and feedback below. 
And don't forget to subscribe to The Storytime Pup Channel

 Storytime Pup Channel

Thank you!

(Next - Part VIII.  Building an Author Base)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment