Tuesday, May 3, 2016

05/03/2016: Storytime Pup - Sloooooow Uploads

     One thing I have found very frustrating is the time required to upload a video to You Tube.  Our average video length is about 6 minutes.  I am finding the average upload time is about 90 minutes,  I am very surprised.  I have read before about people saying how long it takes to upload a video to You Tube/  I thought it might be 20 minutes or so.  I was not expecting an hour and a half.  But, it is high definition and I know that results in large file sizes.
     I do think I can render the files differently within Sony Vegas and it might help some.  I need to do some investigation into this and see.  I do not want to trade loss of quality for upload speed.
     I also have to look into my Internet speed.  For what I pay Time Warner each month, I should have very high speed Internet.  But, I often wonder.  I know there are websites where you can check your Internet speed.  Another thing I have to do.  If I have to live with the 90 minute upload time, so be it.  I can start the uploads later in the evening.  I will report back on this issue.

We encourage you to subscribe to our blog (on the right) and to leave your comments and feedback below. 
And don't forget to subscribe to The Storytime Pup Channel

 Storytime Pup Channel

Thank you!

(Next - Seeking & Finding??? )



No comments:

Post a Comment