Saturday, March 26, 2016

3/26/2016: Storytime Pup - How it all started (Part I). Lost in the land of Kindle.

     So, how did the concept for Storytime Pup come about?  Well, a few months ago I wrote my first children's book, Doran's Doorway Adventures - Saving Jinx.

 (http://www.doransdoorwayadventures.com)

     It was something that has been on my bucket list for years.  It is the first in what I planned to be a series I was going to write when I retired.  I decided that time was precious and why wait until I retire.  When I completed the book, I uploaded it to Kindle and hoped for the sales of my wonderful book new book series to begin (haha)  Well, I had posted on Facebook and family and friends downloaded my book, but that was about it.  I did a little bit of advertising, but in the end only had about 200 downloads.  I started to look into book promotion.  I was surprised to find out how many authors were facing the same dilemma.  I looked at the numbers and there were literally tens of thousands of just children's books out on Kindle.  I started downloading and reading them.  Some were ok, some were good and some were just great.  Then I looked at the rankings on some of the really great books.  Sadly, the sales of many of these great books were minimal.  I said to myself, there are so many wonderful books out here that just aren't being read and may never be seen by children.  They are lost in the sea of children's books on Kindle.  I wanted to discover a new way to expose these great books to parents and their children.

We encourage you to subscribe (on the right) and to leave your comments and feedback below. 
And don't forget to subscribe to The Storytime Pup Channel

 Storytime Pup Channel

Thank you!

(Next - Part II - The Land of Youtube)



1 comment:

  1. Need To Increase Your ClickBank Banner Commissions And Traffic?

    Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products using banners, simply visit Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your chosen ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator Tool to promote all of the available ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete