Wednesday, March 30, 2016

03/30/2016: Storytime Pup: - How it all started (Part IV). Shedding Some Light on the Subject.

     Elin stressed the importance of both lighting and audio in creation of our videos.  So, I spent the next couple of days looking into green screen lighting.  I figured out that based on the type of videos we would be shooting with a fixed camera on a tripod, that 3 point lighting would be the best.  I then looked into the different kind of lighting and green screen packages that were available online without breaking the bank.  I ended up ordering a three light, with green screen background kit as shown. I ordered it off of eBay and got a really great price on everything.  We are trying to keep the costs low on the project, so it was a nice find.

     The lighting and green screen equipment arrived in less than a week.  I was very impressed with the quality when I opened it.  I un-boxed everything and set it up in my office.  My office is pretty decent size, but was very cramped once I got everything set up.  I just wanted to do some testing.  I spent most of the weekend playing with different lighting set-ups and playing with green screen in Sony Vegas Studio.  By the end of the weekend I had video of myself in the woods, at the beach and even Disney World.  All without leaving my office :-)  The magic of technology.  I was very happy that I had learned how to create seamless green screen video.

     So, I had the equipment and know how for lighting and video.  I planned to move the lighting and green screens into the basement and create a make-shift studio for now.  My son is moving out in August for college.  He has a nice big bedroom in the basement that will be perfect for a permanent studio.  We will make do with the make shift area until July.

We encourage you to subscribe (on the right) and to leave your comments and feedback below. 
And don't forget to subscribe to The Storytime Pup Channel

 Storytime Pup Channel

Thank you!

(Next - Part V - Sounds Good To Me)



No comments:

Post a Comment